Can you provide counselling if you're a Social Worker?

Yes! Social Workers are one of the professions that can provide counselling/ therapy/ psychotherapy through their Registration/ License with the BC College of Social Workers (BCCSW). The BCCSW ensures any Social Worker providing counselling (or any other service) adheres to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice. To become a Registered Social Worker, there are requirements for education, experience, competence, and skills which are tested through an exam and yearly submission of ongoing training. To learn more, head to